Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reviving the blog

We began with a bang and quickly fizzled -- in part due to the fact that our hopes, dreams and aspirations for an Ebay business were not panning out and, in part due to the fact that the summer schedule for the Wesos became pretty intense. Then, between September and December, I drove well over 7,000 miles for worldview seminars, trips to TN and to Orlando to visit family, pick up a daughter from the airport, deliver a daughter back to the airport etc. In December our #2 son (4th child) got married. All the kids and grands were here and it was grand. Now that the new year has begun, we've revived the Weso entrepreneurial business, partly inspired by the newly married son who has moved here and who is accomplishing great success with buying, selling, and trading. We'll be posting more about our experiences in the days to come.

3 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Regarding the Star Wars thing, I have felt the same way. I would never have encouraged the whole Star Wars thing, and I never dreamed it would become such a big deal to him, but my mother in law started this by showing them the old movies while she was babysitting them for me a while back. Of course, she didn't ask permission from me because she knew I would have said "No, thanks."

I was hoping it would be a phase, and fizzle out after a while, so I didn't put up too much of a fuss after it was done. But the interest continued to grow, so we just keep some limits on it now. Honestly, I don't know why some family members have to push their own stuff on us. She tried the same thing with Santa Claus, but fortunately that didn't stick. My kids already knew the truth about it by then.

Anyway, what kind of worldview classes/instruction to do teach? Adult? Youth? I took The Truth Project from Focus on the Family and have consequently lead it a couple of times. It's fantastic.

Jenni said...

hi, Auntie Pat.

I am tagging you. It's Kelley's fault - blame her. :-)

http://jenniyoung.blogspot.com/2009/02/seven-random-facts-and-seven-friends-if.html

Jenni said...

okay, ignore that link. It doesn't work. You'll just have to go to my February 14, 2009 blog to see what I'm talking about.

Miss you!