Friday, June 20, 2008

Back to business . . .

We began posting on Ebay and Craigslist. We've had some interest, but nothing to get excited about. We took yesterday off to prepare for Kimmy's evening surprise party which was a success -- she was surprised! Instead of posting, we sent Kimmy off with friends and spent the day preparing food. We did have one inquiry into our Gucci purse wanting to know if it was "real." We don't know if it's real -- how does one tell a "real" from a "fake"?

We have a ton of games that we are sure homeschoolers will love, but we're not sure the best way to resell them. Any ideas? Are there sites for used games? We'll have to do our research today.

My daughter suggests we find our niche. I'm beginning to agree. We'll have to do more research in order to discover the best use of our time if we are to continue this endeavor!

Off to the Good Cents store . . . .

2 comments:

Meg in Tally said...

Whether you ever make a dime 'selling' the stuff you find...you've already blessed many lives with the stuff you've found and 'given' away!

BTW, I thought 'research' WAS your niche!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hi, this is my first time to see your blog...very interesting! It seems you and I have a bit in common. I am a fellow homeschooler (albeit I only have 3 kids!!) but I'm still in the "young" stages.

Secondly, my hubby has been self-employed (off and on) for several years. Right now he has a job, but he's still running his business on the side. He just can't give it up!
:-)
Thirdly, I am interested in worldview too! I would love to know more about what you do. I got interested in it from going through The Truth Project. Ever heard of it?

Okay, I think my comment is longer than your post. Better go. :-)
Nice to meet you!