Thursday, June 12, 2008

Treasures found

We went to the Good cents store twice today. Ben, my 10 year old, found a nice pair of Heelys with clear wheels and plugs -- for 50c! We have about 4 pairs of Heelys we've bought at this store and/or yard sales that we'll sell. Today a friend at the store found a red Gucci purse and passed it on to me -- wahoo! She also handed me a 1946 hardback copy of "Little Women." I found a 1944 boxed set of Shakespeare in 4 volumes! I'm not sure what I was charged but I don't think I paid over $1 for anything. (The cashier was ringing up too fast for me to follow along!) I bought a few more books to trade at the book store (and a few books for me!). Also purchased was a new, in the box, electric massager with 4 different heads (marked $20 from K-Mart) and that cost me $1. We bought several games that look brand new and a couple of chemistry sets (that we'll use). My daughter has been wanting a pair of slip on Sperrys and I found a pair her size today for $1. I also bought an adorable zip up lion suit for my grandson to wear next winter for 50c and I bought my precious granddaughter several pink dress up leotards/skirts/stockings (new) to put into a "dress up" chest for her next trip to the states.

We won't place anything on Ebay until next week when Kimmy returns. For now we'll keep collecting in preparation of listing!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

You better keep your eyes peeled for some cheap shelf thingies to keep all of your treasures organized in:-)

Unknown said...

Actually, I found a really huge basket (woven) for 50c and I bought some plastic storage containers on clearance at Staples so we are organized and ready to go. Now if Kimmy would get back here and start posting on Ebay we'd be all set. :)