Saturday, June 14, 2008

More treasures . . .

After a few more trips to the Good Cents store I have added to our collection of items to sell. In addition, I have some excited boys who found their own 50c treasures yesterday. My 22 year old son bought a dart board w/darts and a Jansport backpack for $1. Matt (age 13) bought a backpack that comes with a nifty fold out stool to sit on when one gets tired of hiking (50c) and Ben bought a pair of slip on deck shoes for 50c. My daughter Stacey asked me to look out for sandals and I found my grandson (Dominic) 3 pair of light weight sandals for 50c each. Yes, I bought a few things to sell (after all, that's the point to all of this shopping, right?) AND I did GREAT with finding books today! Many, many books. More and more books. LOTS of books. All were 25c each. Books that I can't decide if I should keep, trade at my favorite book store for cash OR sell on-line OR keep and read and THEN sell OR keep, read and pass on to children. I haven't brought the bags inside yet (it's raining and the strong helpers are not home), but I believe I bought 10 or 20 or more in the Heroes of the Faith series! I love those books.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Is the Heroes of Faith series the books by Geoffe and somebody with a last name that starts with a B? (that's rather descriptive, huh?) The ones who wrote a lot of missionary biographies, etc? If so then I know what you can do with them...read them and then save 'em for your daughter/granddaughter:-) Does that make your decision easier?

Mrs. Pittman said...

Are you going to set up some kind of cyber-store for all of us who are too lazy (I started to say, smart...but I do need to stay on your good side if I want to buy the stuff that you stand in long lines on hot days to purchase, don't I? :))

Have you looked into an etsy (?) store? I've bought several items off of people's blogs who have etsy stores. My favorite one is
pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com

Great idea for a blog, Pat! I love it.