Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Books

Books to resell . . . hm . . . this is confusing. We found a 1938 edition of "Gone With the Wind" in my parent's attic. Go to Abebooks.com and you'll find the same exact book costing anywhere from $10 to $5000. Go to Ebay and you'll see a copy going for $1.99. If you have a first print edition with a dust jacket you'll see it priced for TENS of thousands (up to $80,000) at Abe books, but going for $124 on Ebay. I'm assuming one must know their books well in order to know when to buy and how to sell in such a way that you get the most for your investment. It's easier for me to buy the books I know McKays will take for trade (my favorite used bookstore in Tennessee) and not worry about finding antique books worth hundreds of dollars, although if I stumble upon one now and then, I'll certainly take advantage of the opportunity!

So many books . . . so many diverse prices on the same book!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Find anything else interesting in Granddaddy's attic?